[Hippo-cms7-user] Replacing resource with same name

Edwin Benneheij ettepet at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 08:33:43 CET 2010

Hi,

I can imagine that renaming the document is not an option. Hyperlinks on other websites, refering to your documents, will return a 404.

We have the same issue, using an Apache webserver with caching. We use this silly workaround:
Every time a contentmanager publishes a changed PDF-document, he needs to visit the URL to this document (and gets the old, cached, one).
Then he performs a refresh (CTRL-F5) of the page in his webbrowser.
With this action, the old Apache-cached document is replaced with the new version... with the same URL!

Best regards,
Edwin