[Hippo-cms7-user] author in cms cannot read nested frontend-config?

Bert Leunis b.leunis at onehippo.com
Thu Dec 30 10:36:15 CET 2010

Hi,

I have created code and config for some dashboard shortcuts to work. When
logged in as admin, all works fine, all config can be read and used. When I
log in as author, not all the configuration is read.

For the SecurityDomain "frontendconfig" the "Role:readonly" is set to
"groups:everybody". This group has members "*". This looks allright to me.

The shortcut is shown on the dashboard, with config read from *
/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-dashshortcuts/newEventShortcut.*So
that node can be read.
The plugin then tries to read a subnode of that node in java:

final IPluginConfig lowerConfig = config.getPluginConfig("lowerNode");

The result is null. What can I do to get this node read?

--
With kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Bert Leunis

Hippo
Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20 522
4466
USA  • San Francisco 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor •  Petaluma, CA.
94954 •  +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC
H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info at onehippo.com