[Hippo-cms7-user] "basedocument" missing after 7.1-7.2 upgrade

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Tue Feb 2 13:23:10 CET 2010

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:57 PM, andersonic <paul.anderson at benetech.org>wrote:

> I'm upgrading a 2.06.10 CMS with custom document types to 2.09.04.
>
> When I simply run the new cms on a copy of the repository, it converts the
> content successfully, and I can still edit and publish everything.
>
> But I can no longer create new document types in my own namespace. When I
> select "New document type" and enter a name and layout, I get "Error while
> executing action: Could not resolve type myns:basedocument" and the new
> type
> is created as a Compound Type that can't be edited.
>
> Comparing my CND to a fresh 2.06.10 CNS, I seem to be missing a declaration
> like
>
> [myns:basedocument] > hippo:document, hippostd:publishable,
> hippostd:publishableSummary
>
> What's the best way to get this into the system? Did I miss a step in the
> upgrade?

you did not miss anything; the basedocument type was introduced in the 2.09
release.  In the upgrade all types are moved to a new namespace version and
no new types (including the basedocument type) are introduced.

To be able to use the template builder to create new document types, you can
create a new namespace in a clean 2.09 CMS.  Export the basedocument
template type node under /hippo:namespaces/mynewproject.  Import it in your
target project under /hippo:namespaces/myns.  After running Update All
Content, you should be able to create new document types.

cheers, Frank