[Hippo-cms7-user] URL name vs document name

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Wed Feb 10 16:12:52 CET 2010

well, the node-name-codec is only reponsible for creating valid jcr node
names.  It shouldn't need to know of all possible uses of the node.  So I'm
pointing my finger at the HST...

Actually, I don't think this is a bad workaround at all.  You'll get two
names; one ultra-safe name that will go through any codec, unharmed.  And
the original, full name that the user provided.  (you were going to store
that in the hippo:translated mixin on the handle, right?)

Note that your original request was for encoding diacritics; those are
actually allowed in URLs.  They need to be properly utf-8 encoded, which is
something that is clearly within the realm of the HST.

cheers, Frank