[Hippo-cms7-user] Parameters to the component class

Mansour Al Akeel mansour.alakeel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:36:44 CET 2010

Hello Jeroen,
I am looking to work with config parameters. Just to fine tune a
compoent. For example, a page that displays a list of documents (like
Archive.java in the demo) can be modified and fine tuned to display a
small list of documents, like if you have latest news seciton on the
main page with only the latest 3 items. In this case, I would just add a
parameter called "MAX" and if it's set, then no paginating is used and
only few items are displayed in the list. Defintely this concept can be
extended to more usable senarios, but this is simple enough to explain
what I want. :)

Another option may be to extend the Archive or List class, and override
the methods, but I don't see a point to create so many classes, plus
this requires a previous knowlegde of the parent class. And if there's a
clean way like parameters to do it, then I would go down this road for
the configuration.