[Hippo-cms7-user] Deny workflow on folders to specific groups

Dennis Dam d.dam at onehippo.com
Tue Feb 16 12:15:33 CET 2010

Frank, do I need to make separate folderworkflow entries under
/hippo:configuration/hippo:workflows/embedded,  attach those new
FolderWorkflows to new roles (e.g. hippo:restrictedEditor) and assign those
roles to groups using the security domain rules?
Is that what you meant with your first reply?

So e.g. suppose there are users who can only work in the 'news' folder, I
would then do the following:
1. create a NewsFolderWorkflow node under
/hippo:configuration/hippo:workflows/embedded/NewsFolderWorkflow with
properties: hipposys:privileges =  'news-editor-priv'

2. create a new role "news-editor" under
/hippo:configuration/hippo:roles/news-editor with hipposys:privileges =
'news-editor-priv'

3. create a news editors group and assign users to it

4. create a News domain under /hippo:configuration/hippo:domains which
assigns the news-editor role to the news editors group where a facet is used
based on e.g. the hippo:paths property to select all folders under
/content/documents/news.

5. modify the domain configuration so the the default folder workflow is not
assigned to the news editor group.

Is this about right ?

Denniss

http://www.onehippo.com   -  info at onehippo.com