[Hippo-cms7-user] Customizing Hippo 7

Jeroen Reijn j.reijn at onehippo.com
Thu Feb 18 14:42:51 CET 2010

Hi Francesco,

see my comments inline.

Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> Hello,
> I have some questions related to the customization of Hippo 7:
>
> 1. Is there any place for the Date widget in which I can tell which
> Locale the date should use for display, inside the CMS interface? At the
> moment it seems to use the MM/DD/YYYY pattern.
> Will this be controlled by the upcoming Polyglot plugin? About this, is
> this plugin in the forge or not? When is it a first release planned?

I'm not really sure about this one. As far as I know it will try to pick
your browsers locale. I have not seen an option yet for configuring the
format, but I guess it's not that hard to add.

> 2. In Hippo 6 there used to be an htmlarea.js file to configure the
> various instances of xinha, in potentially different document templates;
> where could this be done in Hippo 7?

See /hippo:namespaces/hippostd/html/editor:templates/_default_/root
This is the default configuration for the Richt text editor. However
within your own namespace you can create a xinha with a different
configuration if you want.

> 3. Is there any way to customize the document list (folder content) in
> the CMS interface, by adding more information? At the moment only Name
> and State are shown, but it would be useful to add - for example - last
> modification date or last author.

As far as I know not yet. I've heard people talking about how and what
could be shown there, but perhaps somebody else can say something about
this.

> 4. Is there any way to customize the revision history popup? For
> example, to add who published / unpublished the document.

You could extend the revision history plugin with the information I
guess. You will have to create your own plugin for now. Perhaps it can
be put in JIRA, because it sounds like a nice feature.