[Hippo-cms7-user] RMI namespaces erratic after "Update All Content"

andersonic paul.anderson at benetech.org
Tue Feb 23 08:45:52 CET 2010

I recently upgraded from 2.06.10 to 2.09.06, and was able to make new
doctypes work after importing a "basedocument" for my namespace (thanks to a
http://n2.nabble.com/basedocument-missing-after-7-1-7-2-upgrade-td4482725.html#a4482725
doctypes.

However, a problem arises when I do Update All Content, whether I create new
doctypes or not. The Hippo CMS itself works with no problems, but any new
documents, and some existing ones, load via RMI with unpredictable
namespaces.

For example, if I have a doctype in namespace myns with fields myns:title
and myns:body, then do Update All Content, RMI queries of that node
sometimes have the expected properties "myns:title, myns:body", sometimes
"myns2:title, myns2:body", and sometimes "myns_0_30:title, myns_0:30:body."

The console still shows a single myns namespace. And without even restarting
the Hippo cms, this problem will fix itself or re-emerge for particular
documents. One that was working will return its fields as myns_0_30: or
myns2:, and one that was returning such namespaces will just be the proper
myns:.

Any idea what's causing this, and how to remedy it? I'd rather not iterate
through the node property names and strip out random numbers.