[Hippo-cms7-user] RMI namespaces erratic after "Update All Content"

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Tue Feb 23 09:49:32 CET 2010

You should take the site offline before starting update-all-content.  Any
session that is created after the update-all-content has completed, will
work as expected.  Any session that existed before it completed, will be
broken.

The cause of this issue can be traced to a number of caches in jackrabbit.
 These operate under the assumption that prefix-namespace mappings are
immutable.  However, these are changed during an update-all-content.  The
CMS works around this limitation by transparantly logging out and in; this
only works for the current user.

cheers, Frank