[Hippo-cms7-user] Writing updater modules

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Tue Feb 23 12:07:43 CET 2010

Hi Jeroen,

good point, there is a mismatch between initialization and upgrade in this
respect.  You shouldn't have had to change the version number of the base
repository for an upgrade of project document types.

The solution would be to provide the hippo:version property in the
hippoecm-extension initialize folders.  And to then merge the version
numbers there with those in the /hippo:configuration/hippo:initialize
folder.  (so that initialization would truly be the merging of these
folders)  At the moment this merge is largely "by hand", i.e. the initialize
folder extension is extracted to a separate location and then is merged by
moving initialize items.    See
https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HREPTWO-3780.

So we could do the merge of the version numbers like the merge of the
initialize items (i.e. explicit for the initialize folder type), but this is
really an(other) argument for a better merge!  (
https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HREPTWO-2766)

cheers, Frank