[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: passing unique autocreated value to CND

Dev Vale Xilv3r at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:56:02 CEST 2010

Hello Niels,

thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the late response was away for a
while.
Anyways the way I currently solved this problem was, copy the first created
jcr:UUID into a field of my chosing (example: NodeUniqueID  property) due to
the jcr:UUID not always staying the same, this way I would always have one
unique value in the properties of a specific node (that I created).

Another question not really related to this post is creating an
IDataProvider class that can be used for a DataView or RefreshingView.
What I would like to do is the following: I have a NodeIterator that has
specific values it gained from an SQL Query I made.

example code:

public NodeIterator GetEXamples(Session session, String LUUID) throws
RepositoryException {

    QueryManager seg = session.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();
     Query getSegTitles = seg.createQuery("SELECT * FROM
EXample:testdocument WHERE   EXample:testdocumentID='"+LUUID+"'
ANDEXample:testdocumentActive='true' AND
jcr:path='/content/EXamoke/TDocuments/%'", Query.SQL);
     QueryResult SegTitles = getSegTitles.execute();
     NodeIterator example = SegTitles.getNodes();

     }

    return example;
}

I want to display some of those values in a table (Dataview or
Refreshingview) however my lack of knowledge has brought me to a halt.

I think I need to create class that implements the IDataprovider however I
dunno how to go about it.
I saw in a Document Selector plugin some kind of example on how to create
the class however that didn't work for me.

Anyone that can direct me to a spot where I can read up on how to create a
class that implements IDataProvider and uses NodeIterator values ?
Thanx in advance.

Dev