[Hippo-cms7-user] Hippo Taxonomy plugin

Maurizio Pillitu m.pillitu at sourcesense.com
Mon Jun 14 16:16:06 CEST 2010

Hi Wilson,
thanks a lot for your answer; I applied your changes and I got the CMS to start, but then I got a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.onehippo.taxonomy.api.Taxonomy

Doing some investigation on the Maven repo of the plugin, I found out the following dependency that should be added in the CMS pom.xml

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.onehippo</groupId>
  <artifactId>taxonomy-api</artifactId>
  <version>1.03.05</version>
</dependency>

... and it *just* worked! Once again, something that *seems* to work out of the box, needs one or two hours of hacking.

Talking about sequence values; this is something that *really* scares me; do I have to unzip each and every JAR file of the plugins I use within the CMS, check the hippoecm-extension.xml and see if my sequence number does not clash with the ones defined in my hippoecm-extension.xml ?

Or there are some kind of reserved sequence ranges that you shouldn't use?

Any other plugin which is using specific sequence numbers that I should be aware of?

Could someone update the documentation please? - http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/development/extending+CMS7/user+interface/Extend+with+taxonomy.html

Thanks!

mau

Met vriendelijke groet,