[Hippo-cms7-user] CompatibilityWorkflowPlugin

Berry van Halderen b.vanhalderen at 1hippo.com
Wed Jun 16 16:21:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Shane Smith <ssmith at iprofs.nl> wrote:
> I'm creating a custom workflow.
> Based on the documentation 1) I should use the CompatibilityWorkflowPlugin.
> This CompatibilityWorkflowPlugin is however deprecated.
>
> Is this base class replaced by another?

You can safely use this base class, the intention is to split this
class up into multiple units and best practices without always having
to use this base class.

Using the base class IS optional anyway.  You can write any plugin.
If that plugin contains wicket fragments, then those fragments are
displayed as menu items.  The base class was created to easily
transition from the old class models that required workflow frontend
plugins to be of a specific class to this fragments based plain
plugins, without having to rewrite all the code.   Hence the name
CompatibilityWorkflowPlugin and that is is marked deprecated: its
usage is unnecessary.

However, the class, even though being marked deprecated, will not be
disposed off.

\Berry