[Hippo-cms7-user] Todo plugin customization

Niels van Kampenhout niels at nielsvankampenhout.com
Sun May 9 23:10:09 CEST 2010

How configurable and customizable is the Todo list in the CMS dashboard?

Through the CMS console I found out at
/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-dashboard/todoPlugin that the
todo list is handles by the ReportPlugin. This node has a uuid reference to
/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-reports/todoReport, which
contains a configuration for the ReportPlugin (I guess). It seems to
configure a listener, another plugin (TodoPlugin), and a query.

The listener seems to listen for events regarding "hippo:request" nodes. The
query just selects all hippo:request nodes: SELECT * FROM hippo:request. So
IIUC, each time something happens to a hippo:request node (created, updated,
deleted), the query is done and the todo list updated.

I tried changing the query, and the listener node type, but whatever change
I make, will leave the todo list in the dashboard empty (while executing the
same query in the repository browser does give >0 results). Anyone knows how
this works?

Another question: is it possible to include the current user's username in
the query, so that the todo list could e.g. only show documents created by
the current user?

Thanks,
Niels

-----