[Hippo-cms7-user] Multiple Xinha configurations

Francesco Chicchiriccò francesco.chicchiricco at everett.it
Wed May 12 12:56:46 CEST 2010

Gents,
I would like to know the "official" way of configuring Xinha so that,
for example, I can have in my document type one RTF field with some
buttons and another RTF fields with other buttons (or plugins).

I am using 2.12.10, and instructions in [1] are quite outdated for
this, so I took some hints from [2] and here's what I did (all
operations via CMS console):

1. copy /hippo:namespaces/hippostd/html to /hippo:namespaces/hippostd/
myconf1 and to /hippo:namespaces/hippostd/myconf2
2. modify myconf1 and myconf2 by adding / removing plugins and buttons
3. modify /hippo:namespaces/myNamespace/myDocumentType/
hipposysedit:nodetype/hipposysedit:nodetype/field1/@hipposysedit:type
from hippostd:html to hippostd:myconf1
4. modify /hippo:namespaces/myNamespace/myDocumentType/
hipposysedit:nodetype/hipposysedit:nodetype/field2/@hipposysedit:type
from hippostd:html to hippostd:myconf2

At this point the CMS application shows correctly the two Xinha
instances configured differently.

Is this procedure correct / complete? Can I update [1] with this
information?

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Configure+the+Rich-text+fields+%28Xinha%29
[2] http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/How-can-I-control-path-generated-by-internal-link-per-document-type-td2982542.html#a2982911