[Hippo-cms7-user] Relaxing CND's

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Wed May 12 15:08:13 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Jeroen Hoffman <j.hoffman at onehippo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You're right, I did have some thoughts on this.
> I think being less strict (or not strict at all) would make the development
> of CMS/site implementations much easier and faster. Certainly if for an
> upgrade you wouldn't have to be bothered with namespace bumps, it would make
> life better.
>
> So, the CMS could contain a metadata model for documents, fixed in a CND in
> a hippo namespace. Using the "Editor", you create metadata instances, based
> on which document instances are made.
>
> The metadata instances could be in there own namespace, but maybe we can
> even go a step further and not create project specific namespaces at all! As

This is possible, but I can imagine some developer still want to have
his notion of news article versus for example an agenda article: The
HST can then contain beans mapped to different nodetypes.

Also for the sake of upgrading the repositories in the future, for
example from 2.12 to 2.15, I think it is easier if custom projects
have their data contained within their own nodetypes (which will
become flexible nodetypes containing any string/boolean/hippostd:html
etc )

I think making it as general as you now suggest introduces other
complexities again, but ofcourse,  from the top of my head, I cannot
oversee all details

Regards Ard