[Hippo-cms7-user] Update/Upgrade modules versus re-indexing

Berry van Halderen b.vanhalderen at 1hippo.com
Tue May 18 12:37:51 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Jeroen Reijn <j.reijn at onehippo.com> wrote:
> 1. Is is possible to disable this forced re-indexing?

At this time, no.

> 2. Is there some special reason the repository always needs to be reindexed
> if something is changed by the update cycle?

No, the forced indexing is a left-over from the first time time we
tried it out which also included a change to the
indexing_configuration.xml.  In fact, only a change to the
indexing_configuration.xml requires you to do a reindexation, and it
is a long outstanding issue that the indexing_configuration.xml should
be stored in the repository itself so that we can do a more controlled
re-indexation with only the nodes affected and automatically if needed
only.

You can request the forced reindexation to become optional, which I
would support.  But without you requesting it formally it never
becomes on the scope of the radar of the roadmap.

\Berry