[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Head contribution in tag file results in invalid html

Woonsan Ko w.ko at onehippo.com
Sat Sep 11 02:47:51 CEST 2010

  Hi Cuno,

On 09/10/2010 04:01 PM, Cuno wrote:
> Hi Woonsan,
>
> I removed all spaces as in your example. The result of my test is now
> <link href="/nl/static/css/screen.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> media="screen" />  and
> <script src="/site/js/indivirtual/nl/functions.js"
> type="text/javascript"></script>  which is what I want.
>
> So thanks for explaining!
You're welcome. :-)

> But really, I don't have to remove the spaces in a normal jsp page to get
> the above result. You mentioned using Tomcat, I used Jetty. So might this be
> a Jetty(6.1.18) thing? Of course this is not important anymore since I now
> know that making sure there are no spaces in the tag usages will always get
> the desired result.
Actually, I wanted to look into the generated .java file for the jsp
pages to find differences between normal jsps and .tag file uses.
Because I'm not familiar with jetty about the generated .java files
location, I gave a chance to tomcat6.
I'm suspicious on the possibility of difference of generated .java file
between two because I couldn't imagine other reasons.
(For example, unexpected empty line with .tag file..)
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Kind regards,

Woonsan

--
w.ko at onehippo.com     www.onehippo.com
NORTH AMERICA • SAN FRANCISCO - Hippo USA Inc. 185 H Street, Suite B Petaluma CA 94952 +1 (707) 773-4646