[Hippo-cms7-user] Blog

Jasha Joachimsthal j.joachimsthal at onehippo.com
Wed Sep 15 08:16:15 CEST 2010

For my blog I used the (old) HST demo site with some add-ons.
The commenting was already worked out in the demo site, my customization was
that visitors are only able to comment within 30 days after the post. I also
added spam checking by using Akismet for Java
http://akismet-java.sourceforge.net/
The faceted navigation is described on the wiki
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Faceted+Navigation+Configuration for
the tags I use the tagging plugin
http://forge.onehippo.org/gf/project/ecm-tagging/
The delicious bookmarks and Google reader listings are RSS/Atom feeds that
are parsed using ROME http://rome.dev.java.net and for Twitter see
http://www.jasha.eu/blogposts/2010/07/show-tweets-with-hst-and-twitter4j.html

So most of my time I spent on creating my blog was making the design and
importing all the content from Blogger, Flickr, movabletype and other
sources.

Jasha Joachimsthal

j.joachimsthal at onehippo.com - jasha at apache.org

San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 185 H Street, suite B, Petaluma CA 94952 +1
(707) 7734646