[Hippo-cms7-user] listing plugins attribute modifiers

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Mon Sep 20 18:05:40 CEST 2010

in the process of adding translation support to the CMS, I've found that the
list attribute modifiers have been constructed somewhat unlucky.

The method IListAttributeModifier#getColumnAttributeModifiers takes a model
as it's argument, but this does not make sense for a column modifier.
Indeed, in none of the implementations in the CMS is this argument taken
into account.  So, I would like to remove it.

Many of the modifiers actually descend from the
AbstractNodeAttributeModifier, and it is possible to modify that in such a
way that subclasses that override either the getColumnAttributeModifiers
method or the getColumnAttributeModifier method will still be compatible.

Any comments?

cheesr, Frank

--
Hippo
Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20 522
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info at onehippo.com