[Hippo-cms7-user] Transfer content from one repository to an other

Edwin B. ettepet at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 10:34:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

Just imagine....

...I have got two environments, envA and envB.
Maybe envA is an old version of the Hippo CMS (filled with tons of content)
and envB is a new, clean and empty CMS in the latest version.

In envA I have got a couple of documenttypes (with compound fields and
whatever) and in envB I have got some other documenttypes that are quite
similar, but do miss some fields or maybe have got some extra fields of
other types.

Anyway, now I'd like to transfer (part of) the content of envA into my new
envB.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a tool - preferably a (web)GUI - that could
connect to the two environments and that could "plot" fields from a doctype
in envA on an other doctype in envB and then to transfer this content?

Is such a tool already available?
Of course there is the replicationmechanism to replicate from one repository
to a more or less identical repository.
And I know just a little about the jcr-runner, but afaik this tool does
transfer content within one repository, right?

Best regards,
Edwin