[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Running mutiple sites

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Mon Sep 27 18:11:31 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:00 PM, mvanbergen <mvanbergen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ard,
>
> Thank you so much for the reply.
>
> Yes, just the first need is what we are looking for.  If we deploy site1.war
> and site2.war, can the authors still access the same CMS instance for
> managing content?  For example, in the CMS app:

The cms runs independently in a separate webapp from websites so this
is not an issue

> -Documents
> -- site1
> -- site2
>
> So, the site1 folder tree has all of the content for site 1 and the site2
> folder tree has all of the content for site 2.

This is indeed how you normally split the content. Now, I assume you
are on the 2.05.01 or something close:

below /preview and /live you need to make a 'site' for site1 and for
site2, and make the correct 'mirrors'. Thus, for site1 a hst:content
node pointing to /content/documents/site1  and a hst:configuration
pointing to the configuration. You do similar for site2. Probably
looking at the archetype should give you enough pointers.

Now, unfortunately, as said, for the 2.05.xx, you must somehow
distinguish between site1 and site2. This is done by hostname. You can
however if you use something httpd for doing the trick as I explained
in my previous mail

Regards Ard