[Hippo-cms7-user] Packaging a single WAR

Woonsan Ko w.ko at onehippo.com
Fri Apr 1 20:35:48 CEST 2011

On 04/01/2011 10:13 AM, Asmann, Roland wrote:
> On 01.04.2011 18:56, Woonsan Ko wrote:
>> On 04/01/2011 09:36 AM, Asmann, Roland wrote:
>>   >  Great, with those two in the shared lib everything is working! I find it
>>   >  kind of strange though, since those two libraries are only referenced
>>   >  from the site WAR. But hey, if it works, I won't complain!:-)
>> For some reason from the repository side, a pooled session proxy for
>> Hippo/Jackrabbit session object should be created only with the context
>> classloader switched to repository's classloader. That's why proxy
>> interfaces should be shared.
> I see.
>
> Another question: I notice that both WAR files are pretty sizable
> (around 40 MB) after just creating them with the archetype. Would it be
> possible to move libraries that ware available in both WARs into the
> shared libraries or would this cause other problems?
> I'm thinking about building an EAR containing both WAR-files, which
> could then hold the shared libraries...
As Ard mentioned in this thread before, they are going to improve
embedded mode packaging with cargo plugin.
I think it would improve archetypes as well.
You can always create a JIRA issue for that EAR-WARs packaging option
for sure.

Cheers,

Woonsan

--
w.ko at onehippo.com     www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor, Petaluma, CA. 94954 +1 877 414-4776 (toll free)