[Hippo-cms7-user] Dynamically changing the plugin configuration

Jeroen Reijn j.reijn at onehippo.com
Sun Apr 3 22:06:18 CEST 2011

>> I noticed it's using an AbstractMap, but apparently the put method is not
>> implemented as stated by [1].
>>
>> that is correct; you're not looking at the directly modifiable jcr nodes
> corresponding to the configuration, but at a decorator that makes sure that
> variables are replaced.

Ok i figured that.

> Is there perhaps another way of doing this? My use case is that I would
>> like to insert a dynamic variable into the plugin config, which can be used
>> by another component to which it delegates.
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean.  Is this configuration of a plugin that's
> instantiated by the one making the change? In that case, you can create a
> JavaPluginConfig (it has a copy constructor).  This implementation is
> modifiable.

Ah yes. Just after I'd sent the email I found the JavaPluginConfig, which
I've now used. I gave the decorated pluginConfig to the constructor of the
JavaPluginConfig and passed that along to the super class. It seems to work
now.

To shed some light. My goal was to create a customizable linkpicker. The
linkpickers in the CMS can be configured to have a certain base (configued
with base.uuid), which I wanted to dynamically insert based on the tree I'm
in.

> The typical pattern is to look up the IClusterConfig and create a
> clustercontrol out of it using a parameter map (ipluginconfig itself).  The
> parameter map is then the javapluginconfig that can be modified in the
> plugin that instantiates the cluster.

Ah ok. I'm not really sure if this would fit my current problem, because the
NodePickerControllerSettings are quite strict and I'm not able to configure
them in a different way then by the plugin configuration of the LinkPicker.

Thanks!

Jeroen