[Hippo-cms7-user] Enhancements to the reorder dialog

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Fri Apr 8 10:38:06 CEST 2011

hi paul,

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Paul van der Zandt <
paul.vander.zandt at capgemini.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With the reorder dialog it is only possible to shift items 1 position at a
> time. If you have more than 15 items in a folder (so you'll have to scroll
> down to see the last items) the buttons scroll off the top of the visible
> window. If I have a lot of items in a folder, then the reordering of an
> item
> can be very cumbersome job. Imagine the number of clicks when sorting on 50
> items, which is not unusual here. (depending on the algorythm you can
> handle
> ;-)
>
> I would like to make two enhancement requests:
> 1. Reposition the up and down buttons so that they don't scroll off the
> window
> 2. Add a 'Move to first position' and a 'Move to last button'. So I can
> quickly move items around.
>
> Any chances this can be realised on a short term notice?
>
> if you supply a patch that implements the desired behavior, it could be
very soon.  Otherwise, you'll have to convince our product owner to
prioritize it high on the backlog.

cheers, Frank

Cheers,
> Paul van der Zandt

Hippo Europe  •  Amsterdam  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20
522 4466
USA  • San Francisco 755 Baywood Drive, Second Floor •  Petaluma, CA. 94954
•  +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC H2T
1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info at onehippo.com