[Hippo-cms7-user] HstComponent development

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Thu Apr 14 13:16:18 CEST 2011

Hello Marijan,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM, marijan milicevic
<m.milicevic at onehippo.com> wrote:

> looking good..one question though, I am looking at:

thx. Also I'd like to explicitly mention that most of this great work
has been done by Vijay and Woonsan, so, the credits are theirs. I am
just documenting it a little more and giving a heads up to the public

> Class<? extends PropertyEditor> customEditor() default
> EmptyPropertyEditor.class;
>

> I am wondering why java.beans.PropertyEditor is choosen? e.g.  implementing
> method like :
>
> void paintValue(java.awt.Graphics gfx, java.awt.Rectangle box);
>
> doesn't make so much sense..

This was also a point of discussion back then between Woonsan and
Vijay. Woonsan thought it was nice to have it optionally, Vijay didn't
see the added value as he couldn't work with a PropertyEditor in the
template composer any way. So, we kept it in there, but currently, we
are not using it. Also, I cannot exactly reproduce the arguments of
Woonsan. Perhaps he can chime in.

But, you are very right that this is a debatable part.

Regards Ard