[Hippo-cms7-user] Taxonomy / Editor using taxonomy

Martijn Hodenpijl m.hodenpijl at onehippo.com
Wed Apr 20 09:59:40 CEST 2011

Hi,

With help of the wiki article
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Set+permissions+on+folders I managed
to get an group editors which has access to a part of the documents folders.
However, the editors should be able to add taxonomy items to the the
documents, and change / add taxonomy terms in the taxonomy tree.

I tried several rules sets added to the security domain, of which I expected
that the editor should get access to the taxonomy.
The editor can navigate to the taxonomy bank. but is not able to see the
tree (tax-tree) , neither the editor can add / change taxonomy items.

I added to the security domain with editor role a  path-by-uid rule with
hipposys:value: /content/taxonomies/tax-tree
I added to the secutiry domain with read role  a  path-by-uid rule with
hipposys:value: /content/taxonomies

The same setup works for the other parts of the repository, like assets,
gallery, but not for taxonomy.

When opening a new document a Nullpointer occurs

Nullpointer - 18.04.2011 14:48:34 ERROR
org.onehippo.taxonomy.plugin.TaxonomyPlugin.getTaxonomy():65<http://mirabeau.jira.com/wiki/display/org.onehippo.taxonomy.plugin.TaxonomyPlugin.getTaxonomy%28%29/65>Could
not find taxonomy dcr
javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /content/taxonomies/tax-tree
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.getItem(SessionImpl.java:878)
at
org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.SessionDecorator.getItem(SessionDecorator.java:180)
at
org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.checked.SessionDecorator.getItem(SessionDecorator.java:202)
at
org.onehippo.taxonomy.plugin.TaxonomyPlugin.getTaxonomy(TaxonomyPlugin.java:59)
at
org.onehippo.taxonomy.plugin.TaxonomyPickerPlugin.getTaxonomy(TaxonomyPickerPlugin.jav

The path is correct, I assume that the session does not have access to the
node.

Has anyone experience with this setup ? How can be arranged that an editor
has access to the taxonomy tree and is able to categorize documents ?

Any help is welcome,

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn Gijsberti Hodenpijl