[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Inline Editing on 7.5

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Fri Apr 22 09:08:58 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Augusto <augustoalberto at r7.com> wrote:

>    Nice, there's more than one way to do it so...
>    The preview I understand I would do that, but as a old timer in CMS,
> there's some proprietary systems where a power user would edit (in any
> emergency) a content/document in production... And many would-e clients

If you mean edit a document in production environment, this is of
course how the cms works. but the workflow is such that when an editor
start editing, this is done by taking a draft. After save, he can
directly publish it, and it is live on production. Our preview is just
meant for editors / authors who want to see their work in preview mode
before publishing

> should ask about that.
>
>    So, using that tag on a JSP, a user with the correct permission should
> be able to edit a content area, right ?

As, to edit, and at the same time, he also has a button to directly
publish it. The correct user, can edit in preview mode. However, if
you want some user to be able to do inline editing in live mode, this
is also possible. However, still he would have to publish after his
changes.

>   (I will see the Go Green code, thank you!)

The inline editing in the Go Green is a little hidden I think...if it
is in there at all.

You can take better take a look at the demosuite/site which is part of
the hst. If you do not know where this example is, let me know

Regards Ard