[Hippo-cms7-user] Multifile upload does not work behind an authenticating proxy

Jeroen Reijn j.reijn at onehippo.com
Tue Apr 26 14:57:36 CEST 2011

Hi all,

we just discovered an annoying issue where the multi file upload does not
seem to work if you're behind a authenticating proxy server.
I filed an issue at [1]. I was wondering if anybody else had experienced
this and if there is a known workaround.

It seems the problem is that Flash will ignore the browsers proxy settings
and creates its own http connection.
Is there a fall back mechanisme that we could trigger so we do not use the
flash variant, but use plain Javascript or something?

Regards,

Jeroen

[1]https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-5207