[Hippo-cms7-user] Compare of Node (isMultiple==true)

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Fri Apr 29 09:39:53 CEST 2011

On Thursday, April 28, 2011, Roald Bankras <roald at bankras.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> After extensive debugging I noticed the following piece of code:
>
> AbstractFieldPlugin(context, config)
>             if (helper.getField().isMultiple()) {
>                 // always use managed compare for multi-valued properties
>                 comparingController.setUseCompareWhenPossible(false);
>             }
> }
>
> This prevents me to use the nice comparison feature in my documents. Is
> there a way to prevent this? Is there an updated version of some plugin so I
> can use a compare of lists?

I'm afraid it does not exist.  Supporting comparison of multi-valued
fields requires a notion of distance between values instead of just
equality.  We haven't found an algorithm yet thst gives acceptable
results and is performant too.  (I'm not saying it does not exist
though...)

A suitable use-case should be able to provide the time necessary to
implement this.  Perhaps large compounds?

Hope this makes sense,
Cheers, Frank