[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Does Hippo has a Multiselect (link)picker?

Gerrit Berkouwer gerritberkouwer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:39:44 CEST 2011

This behaviour is quite normal in day-to-day software.
When a user wants to select multiple items to do something with the items.
Take a look at file explorer interfaces, or at music software like Winamp or
Spotify:

- select one or multiple objects
- either all in a row (1-10)
- or handpicked from the row of items (1, 4, 7, 10)
- use the multiple items to do something, e.g. add them to a playlist of add
them to another document because you want to make a list of links.

This would be very powerful: a lot of editors of CMS'es have repeating
tasks, like adding multiple links one by one to some document.

This should be accompanied by another (not yet existing I think?) feature:
having a list of 'last edited by me' documents in the linkpicker to use. I
will make a seperate post to talk about this second idea...

-----
--
Greetz, Gerrit