[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: 'My 20 last edited documents' from within the linkpicker

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Fri Jun 3 17:21:35 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<gerritberkouwer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathijs, thanks, will look into that!
>
> I am no developer, so I am wondering: why is the idea hard to implement? It
> does not seem hard: instead of selecting and remembering 1 link, the
> linkpicker could 'simply' remember >1 link (remember the exact UUID I guess)
> and paste that into multiple fields in the document the linkpicker comes
> from...
>
> I probably make the solution too simple here, what do I forget? :-)

this will break the plugin api for document listing plugins.  So it
would be possible to implement this in the standard doc listing, there
is both the overhead of changing the behavior of the browser that's
managing those plusing as well as the plugins that hook into it to
e.g. display some property of the documents.

It's probably best to do a POC first to figure these issues out and
assess the impact on existing plugins (doc listing column providers
and picker/editor plugins).  Then we can estimate the actual work
involved and port existing plugins to the new model.

So, as I've said before, it will not be hard if you're ok with a
hardcoded solution.  (fixed sections, fixed columns, no search, those
kind of limitations)

cheers, Frank