[Hippo-cms7-user] Re: Link checker in Hippo 7?

Minos Chatzidakis m.chatzidakis at 1hippo.com
Thu Jun 16 16:00:04 CEST 2011

> If the front end developer doesn't do magic for a link that starts with
> www., it will be rendered as a link relative to the visited page. That one
> will probably return a 404 by the HST while http://www.domain.com will
> lead to the external site.

Well, it's the xinha editor that does a little bit of magic and will not
allow the editor to omit the protocol. That is, if the user writes
www.domain.com, xinha will store *http://*www.domain.com.
Apart from this case, all the links Gerrit provided are indeed identical.

So I'm wondering, apart from cases where the links are lexicographically
equal, is there any other example of links that look different but point to
the same location?

--
With kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Minos Chatzidakis