[Hippo-cms7-user] Failed to instantiate HstEditorPerspective after 7.5 -> 7.6 update

Jasper de Vries jasper.de.vries at ddnh.nl
Tue Oct 4 18:14:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

I think something went wrong with either the update from 7.4 to 7.5 or
from 7.5 to 7.6.

When I compare /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/hst-editor of a
clean installation of a 7.6.1 cms with the upgraded version there are
differences.

Clean install:
  + hst-editor
    + configTranslator
    + perspective
    + default-site

Upgraded version:
  + hst-editor
    + configTranslator
    + hstPerspective
    + hstLayout

Is this a know problem? Can I expect more?

I thought it was worth a try to export the clean
/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms and import it in the upgraded
cms. After doing that I ended up with the console at the cms path :-(
So, that's not the way to go. I'll restore the repository and start by
replacing /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/hst-editor first and
see what happens then.

Kind regards,
Jasper

On 4-10-2011 16:23, Jasper de Vries wrote:
> [...]
>
> I did a search on the file "yui.config" (not sure if it is or should
> be a file) in my JARs without any results.
>
> I've noticed that hippo.addon-hst-configuration-editor.version 1.08.01
> is available [4]. Is it worth trying that one? Or is that an internal
> version as well? [5]
>
> Kind regards,
> Jasper
>

> [2]
> http://maven.onehippo.com/maven2/org/onehippo/cms7/hippo-cms7-release/7.6.1/hippo-cms7-release-7.6.1.pom
>

> [3]
> http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/addons/addon-hst-configuration-editor/tags/hippo-addon-hst-configuration-editor-1.07.00/frontend/src/main/java/org/hippoecm/hst/plugins/frontend/HstEditorPerspective.java
>

> 61  public HstEditorPerspective(final IPluginContext context, final
> IPluginConfig config) {
> 62      super(context, config);
> 63    64      List<String> mountPointNodePaths =
> getMountPointNodePaths();
> 65      if (!mountPointNodePaths.isEmpty()) {
> 66          currentMountPointNodePath = mountPointNodePaths.get(0);
> 67      }
> 68    69      String rootModelPath = config.getString(EDITOR_ROOT);
> 70      if (!StringUtils.isBlank(rootModelPath) &&
> mountPointNodePaths.contains(rootModelPath)) {
> 71          currentMountPointNodePath = rootModelPath;
> 72      }
> 73
> 74      add(new WireframeBehavior(new
> WireframeSettings(config.getPluginConfig("yui.config"))));
> 75  }
>
> [4]
> http://svn.onehippo.org/repos/hippo/hippo-cms7/addons/addon-hst-configuration-editor/tags/
>

> [5]
> http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Is-it-safe-to-update-a-cms-7-6-1-from-version-2-20-x-to-2-21-x-td6855232.html
>

> On 3-10-2011 17:39, Jeroen Reijn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> have you updated all you dependencies.
>> It seems to me that the hst editor dependency is no longer suited or
>> available. I personally did not do any upgrades to 7.6, but it seems
>> to me that this is hsteditor related.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jeroen
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Jasper de Vries
>> <jasper.de.vries at ddnh.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> After upgrading a cms from 7.5 to 7.6.1 there is a tab missing in
>>> the UI
>>> between the tabs "Browse" and "Admin". There is an empty space which is
>>> clickable. When I click it I get this error (in the cms UI; please also
>>> check the info from the log [1]):
>>>
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException: null
>>> Failed to instantiate plugin
>>> 'org.hippoecm.hst.plugins.frontend.HstEditorPerspective' for id
>>> 'service.tab'.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know how to solve this?
>>>
>>> I'm upgrading a CMS (from 7.4) with multiple sites configured. Maybe
>>> related (it's definitely not standard; I had problems updating to
>>> 7.5 as
>>> well because of it).
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Jasper
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> 29.09.2011 17:24:47 ERROR
>>> [org.hippoecm.frontend.plugin.impl.PluginFactory.createPlugin():90]