[Hippo-cms7-user] Using Workflows from code

mindy mindy.engelberg at disney.com
Tue Oct 4 22:57:56 CEST 2011

I was trying out the sample code for using the JCR API and I was able to
write a standalone app that connects to the Hippo repository and manipulates
content.  However, when I tried the Workflow example here:  (example 2)
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/development/content+repository/jcr/examples.html

First I couldn't compile because the workflows are in the repository-builtin
jar and when I got that into my project and ran, I got a
NoClassDefFoundError for javax.jdo.spi.Detachable.

Can I call workflows on a document from an external app or can I only do it
from within the CMS itself (with an add-on, etc)

Thanks,
Mindy