[Hippo-cms7-user] Branch for new easy-forms features

marijan milicevic m.milicevic at onehippo.com
Wed Oct 5 15:30:27 CEST 2011

Hi Gilgamesh,

On 10/05/2011 03:14 PM, Gilgamesh Nootebos wrote:
> Hi Marijan,
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 14:49, marijan milicevic
> <m.milicevic at onehippo.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Gilgamesh
>>
>> On 10/05/2011 02:32 PM, Gilgamesh wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to propose to put the changes I make on the easy-forms plugin on
>>> separate branches in the forge repo.
>>>

>>> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/plugin/branches/easy-forms-plugin-2.09.xx
>>>
>>> https://forge.onehippo.org/svn/easy-forms/component/branches/easy-forms-hst-2.08.xx
>>>
>>> First I have a new field type for email adresses. next will a type for
>>> URLs.
>> I am not sure why you need this or how different this is compared to the
>> textfield type we already have.
>> Could you please explain why would you add/need separate email/url fields?
>>
> This way the editor can pick a predefined way of validating.
> As an added bonus the rendering of these fields on a mobile browser
> with html 5 support will give the end-user a customized keyboard to
> help fill in this specific kind of field. Otherwise I would have only
> made custom validators.

ok. makes sense.
I was just thinking:  maybe we should introduce something like a "type"
where user could choose from (e.g. a drop down). This way, it would be
easy to change from one type to another
without deleting and re-inserting fields.. it would be easier to
maintain and extend. I am not sure about the usability, though.
cheers,
/m

--
best regards,