[Hippo-cms7-user] Folder Workflow privileges?

Bart van der Schans b.vanderschans at onehippo.com
Wed Oct 26 14:32:28 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Frank van Lankvelt
<f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Bart van der Schans
> <b.vanderschans at onehippo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently I noticed that the extended (editor) folder workflow at:
>>
>> /hippo:configuration/hippo:workflows/threepane/folder-extended
>>
>> has to property "hipposys:privileges" set to "hippo:editor", but the
>> normal (author) folder workflow
>>
>> /hippo:configuration/hippo:workflows/threepane/folder
>>
>> does not have the "hipposys:privileges" set to "hippo:author". This
>> has the site effect that any user which has read privileges on a
>> folder will see the "add folder" and "add document" menu items. When I
>> add the "hipposys:privileges" prop with value "hippo:author" it seems
>> to work as expected and only authors (and editors) get to see the menu
>> items.
>>
>> Is there any specific reason why the workflow doesn't check for the
>> hippo:author privilege?
>>
> not that I can recall.  Did you also test the workflow from the site?

Nope. Is that in the archetype somewhere so I can check it? Imo only a
user with author privileges (on the specific folder) should be allowed
to call that workflow anyway, so I guess it's a matter of configuring
the siteuser privileges correctly.

Bart