[Hippo-cms7-user] Link to CMS folder

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Fri Oct 28 09:59:18 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM, rilisema at gmail.com <rilisema at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In our HST site, we created links for logged in users to documents in the
> CMS, so the users are able to edit their documents. We used the path to the
> document to create the link.
> Now we want to enable users to create new documents of a certain type in the
> CMS, which are stored in a certain folder. Is there a way to create a link
> to a folder in the CMS, so the CMS opens with the specific folder opened in
> the left panel?

it is possible to configure the node types that can be as the
'nodetypes' multi-valued string property in the
Xinha.plugins.CreateLink child node of the xinha plugin configuration.
 A mouthful, perhaps
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Configure+the+linkpicker+to+select+folders+or+filter+on+document+type
explains it a bit better ;-)

> ANother question: a said above, users must login to our HST website to see
> documents. When they click the link to the CMS to edit a document, they get
> the Hippo login screen. Is there a way to share the session, or to avoid the
> login?

If the user was logged into the cms before, they shouldn't get the
login screen but get the doucment directly.
In the next release, we'll have the channel manager integrated in the
cms.  Then, the preview will be in a separate perspective.  The sso
handshake then takes care of transparantly making the secured site
accessible.

cheers, Frank