[Hippo-cms7-user] Page that serves diferent document types and more

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Fri Apr 6 15:58:13 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM, RM <rmilin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using hippo 7.7.0, and  I like Sitemap functionality that with /.../** I
> can map every request to one page.
>
> - standard
>     header
>     main
>        left
>        *content *
>        right
>     foter
>
> My idea is to have one page (standard), one component (for *content*),  and
> multiple document types. So, in the component I recognize document type and
> by response.setRenderPath I set jsp pages that will render the view.
> Finally I have the page that serves different document types.
>
> I started to extend this idea and I added child to the content (form
> component) .
>
> - standard
>     header
>     main
>        left
>        content
>            *form*
>        right
>     footer
>
> The problem is that, that the component form is always activated, even if I
> have no include tag (<hst:include ref="form"/>) in content.jsp page.
>
> My first question is:
>
> Why is the component form always activated even if I don't have include tag
> ? Is possible and how I can control activation of form component.

the jsps are only involved at the end of the request cycle, when the
markup is rendered to the response.
All components in the hierarchy are invoked before this phase begins.

If you want a template that doesn't contain the form, then you can
easily create a new template by inheriting from the existing one and
overriding the content component configuration.

> Question regards to spring daemon is:
>
> - Why spring daemon works only in cms and not in site (why he needs embedded
> repository). I need session in my scheduler that runs on site.
>
> Regards to
> http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/First-experiences-with-plugin-development-with-CMS-7-7-td7150940.html,
> there is text :
>
> In the development of 7.7, we did experiment with using a (jax-rs) rest
> service instead of a shared class to make HST services available to the CMS.
> We still need to convert the existing java-based channel-manager integration
> to this new model.  When this has been completed, the site and CMS would no
> longer need to run inside the same container.

this is indeed still in progress.  It will be available in the 7.8 release.

cheers, Frank