[Hippo-cms7-user] Error in Channel Manager! "Error occurred in the iframe, channel gets reinitialized."

Minos Chatzidakis m.chatzidakis at onehippo.com
Mon Apr 9 12:03:14 CEST 2012

Sorry for not giving any feedback on this, I'm on vacations..

After some more experiments, I have noticed that the template composer
fails to load only on particular pages. The site I'm working on has *lots*
of javascripts loaded, and it loads different scripts depending on the
page. So for example, in my homepage the tc is not working. If I navigate
to an innerpage it does.

This means that I could possibly track down which exact script causes the
problem.
But on the other hand, it is a bit worrying (though inevitable) that a
site's specific javascript can break the CM.

I'll get back to this in about 3 weeks or more. This is when we'll probably
start dealing with the backlog of the project, since we had to put some
things out of scope. One of these is 'channel manager sometimes fails to
load' .........

Thanks everyone

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Frank van Lankvelt <
f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Jannis Bloemendal
> <j.bloemendal at onehippo.com> wrote:
> > Good morning Riyaz,
> >
> > the parsing of the hst meta data fails. Can you check if the html
> > before the element which is mentioned in the error message by the path
> > is valid - no open comment blocks or other not valid elements?
> >
> > I'm wondering why the '<!--' is in the error message as it should not
> > be part of the data of the comment node.
> >
> could it be that the comment is in the JSP?  I.e. the generated markup
> contains <!-- <!--, because of the automatic adding of the data
> comment when the HST generates output for the template composer.
>
> cheers, Frank
>
> > On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM, riyaz <riyazudeen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Jannis,
> >>
> >> Is this what you expected?
> >>

> http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n7430581/Screen_Shot_2012-04-02_at_8.46.06_PM.png
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Riyaz
> >>
> >> --

> Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142
>
> US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
> Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
> www.onehippo.com

With kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Minos Chatzidakis