[Hippo-cms7-user] Cleaning up the repository

Niels van Kampenhout n.vankampenhout at onehippo.com
Fri Dec 7 00:31:25 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Nils Eckelt <n.eckelt at satzmedia.de> wrote:

> we had a 100 GB database and now I deleted about 90% of the data stored in the repository. After this, I want to dump the database and import again to minimize the space used on the filesystem. But suprisingly the dump ist as huge as it was in beforehand.
> Is there any safty area where the data ist stored without being showed in the console? Do you know how I can get rid of this not used space?
> I don't understand, how it is possible, that I can delete data for abaout 3 days and the result is a same sized database.

Hi Nils,

If you delete content through the console (bypassing the workflow),
the version history is not removed automatically. The version history
can take up a lot of space. Probably that's why your database didn't
get smaller. For more info see Jackrabbit issues [1] and [2].

There is a cleanup tool and procedure available to HES subscribers and
partners. Probably best to contact Hippo helpdesk to get access.

Hope this helps,
Niels