[Hippo-cms7-user] Cleaning up the repository

Nils Eckelt n.eckelt at satzmedia.de
Fri Dec 7 06:42:00 CET 2012

Thank you Niels,

I will look at this. Has this something todo with the database table
REPOSITORY_JOURNAL?
We found out, that this table fills up about 80% of the space. So we
cleaned this table up manually.
The jackrabbltJanitor[1] doesn't seem to work right.
I will look on this and on the links you send me.

Regards,
 Nils

[1]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/journal/DatabaseJournal.html

On 7 December 2012 00:31, Niels van Kampenhout <n.vankampenhout at onehippo.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Nils Eckelt <n.eckelt at satzmedia.de> wrote:
> >
> > we had a 100 GB database and now I deleted about 90% of the data stored
> in the repository. After this, I want to dump the database and import again
> to minimize the space used on the filesystem. But suprisingly the dump ist
> as huge as it was in beforehand.
> > Is there any safty area where the data ist stored without being showed
> in the console? Do you know how I can get rid of this not used space?
> > I don't understand, how it is possible, that I can delete data for
> abaout 3 days and the result is a same sized database.
>
> Hi Nils,
>
> If you delete content through the console (bypassing the workflow),
> the version history is not removed automatically. The version history
> can take up a lot of space. Probably that's why your database didn't
> get smaller. For more info see Jackrabbit issues [1] and [2].
>
> There is a cleanup tool and procedure available to HES subscribers and
> partners. Probably best to contact Hippo helpdesk to get access.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Niels
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-134
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3238