[Hippo-cms7-user] Channel manager problem for new subsite

Joris Meijer joris.meijer at capgemini.com
Thu Dec 13 16:14:06 CET 2012

Hi list,

I have a problem I hope you can help me with.

I created a subsite for an internal website for my customer, which I want to
make available in the channel manager as well (of course). Here is what I
did so far:

In short: my goal is to have int.mycustomer.site and mycustomer.site
running, using separate configurations, same content, and both available in
the channel manager.

<http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580009/host_config_int.png> - I
created 4 new entries under hst:sites
--> tcmhippo_int_nl
--> tcmhippo_int_en
--> tcmhippo_int_nl_preview
--> tcmhippo_int_en_preview
- I set the docbase to the uuid of the corresponding content node
- I added a common_int sitemap configuration (hst:configurations/common_int)
- ... which hst:configurations/tcmhippo_int_en and
hst:configurations/tcmhippo_int_nl inherit from
- I set the hst:configurationpath for the new hst:sites to the new
hst:configurations that I added
- I created some components, pages, templates and stuff and..
- I added two channels "internal" and "internal-en"
- I created a host configuration under hostgroup dev-local-int:
--> hst:hosts/dev-local-int/site/mycustomer/int
- I added a hst:root node configured as follows (see screenshot to the
right)

(note: the aliases of the mount are different from the "non-internal"
website)
- I modified my local hosts file so that int.mycustomer.site and
mycustomer.site resolve to 127.0.0.1

The good thing is that the website runs smoothly both on
http://mycustomer.site and http://int.mycustomer.site (Yay! )

The bad thing is that I can't access the site from the channel manager. It
tells me "Error rendering site"

I have some questions regarding that:
- what could be the problem?
- do I need to change some settings in hst:hosts ?
- can I put both int.mycustomer.site and mycustomer.site in ONE hostgroup?

Thanks in advance,

Joris