[Hippo-cms7-user] can the reload on startup functionality be undone?

Unico Hommes u.hommes at onehippo.com
Tue Dec 18 17:03:04 CET 2012

In both versions initialize items are determined to be reload-enabled
by reading the current value of the reload-on-startup property that is
in the hippoecm-extension.xml file at the time of bootstrapping. So if
the item is not there in that file when the system is bootstrapped
then no reloading is done. When the item is determined to be reload
enabled it still needs to have a newer version than the version that
was loaded previously in order to trigger an actual reload.

So to conclude: you can safely remove the initialize item from the
extension file and the fact that it is still registered in the
repository as a reloadable item is no problem.

--
Unico