[Hippo-cms7-user] Invalidating cached properties upon publication of changes

Bart van der Schans b.vanderschans at onehippo.com
Mon Dec 24 11:02:37 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Frank van Lankvelt
<f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Tobias Jeger <t.jeger at onehippo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> my project is using the properties plug-in, and we experienced caching
>> problems. During the
>> analysis, I see that the event-listener used for invalidating cache entries
>> operates at the JCR
>> level, and therefore fires many more events at the listener than I consider
>> necessary.
>>
>> As the cache invalidation should logically be tied to the fact that the
>> document has changed,
>> which, for the live version of the document, means that it has been
>> (un-)published, I wonder if there
>> is an event-listener mechanism available at the workflow level, which would
>> fire a single event for the
>> fact that a document has been saved / (un-)published / deleted. Does such a
>> mechanism exist?
>>
> it does exist in Hippo CMS 7.8.  You can register a listener to the
> Hippo event bus.

Afaik the events over the HippoEventBus are only guaranteed to work
locally on the cluster node. For clustering I think it depends on the
the logging of the events to the repository which is not enabled in
all deployments for performance reasons. So you might invalidate the
properties on one node in the cluster but still used the cached
version on another cluster node.

Regards,
Bart