[Hippo-cms7-user] MySQL running on a dedicated server

Simon Voortman s.voortman at onehippo.com
Wed Jun 6 15:02:41 CEST 2012

Hi David,

The "blank" user in MySQL is the anonymous user (no
username/password). Of course this shouldn't be needed for Hippo.

I just tried the newest archetype, and configured it according to the
wiki [1], except using an external MySQL database. I only needed to
add the 'hippo' user, and everything seemed to work fine.

Do you have any logs and/or error messages? What operations didn't work?

Kind regards,
Simon

[1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Configuring+Hippo+7+for+MySQL