[Hippo-cms7-user] DerivedDataFunction dynamic value of document field

rmtl rguyonnet at alogient.com
Fri Jun 15 16:41:53 CEST 2012

Hello ,

in a folder , there is one document A and several documents B. To avoid user
typo error , I  need that documents B has a field value of a document A
field.

My questions are :

 I m trying to query JCR to retrieve the document A., using
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/1+HstQuery+bootstrapping

especially the snippet
ComponentManager compMngr = HstServices.getComponentManager();
  if (compMngr != null) {
     hstQueryManagerFactory =
(HstQueryManagerFactory)compMngr.getComponent(HstQueryManagerFactory.class.getName());
ObjectConverterUtils.createObjectConverter(l);ObjectConverter
objectConverter =
ObjectConverterUtils.createObjectConverter(DocumentA.class);
 HstQueryManager createQueryManager =
hstQueryManagerFactory.createQueryManager(objectConverter);

   }

I m kind of stuck at this points since the manager need a HippoBean scope.

Is there anyway to retrieve this HippoBean  via his path ?

  23) Or its exists another way to dynamically compute a field ?

Thanks