[Hippo-cms7-user] Secured Preview Website does not refresh

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Tue Jun 19 15:01:33 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Ricardo Sawirjo <rsawirjo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> We are using hst:subjectbasedsession = true.

You can't do with hst:subjectbasedsession = false ? It is only about
authentication right? Not about authorization in your case

Using  hst:subjectbasedsession = false will still require a login, but
does not use that session to generate the page with

> We've been testing it here if the refresh occures within/after 5 minutes,
> but this does not happen.

That is strange. It should...

> What should be set in the hst-config.properties?

# the maximum time in ms that a jcr session is not refreshed: this is
the same for every lazy session. Default here is 5 minutes.
# Setting the value lower reduces memory, but also reduces performance
lazySession.maxRefreshIntervalOnCleanup = 300000

lower the above value, thus set in your hst-config.properties :

lazySession.maxRefreshIntervalOnCleanup = 1000 (1 sec)

and test it again....

> If the refresh delay time is minimized to within a minute, will this not
> introduce performace issue's?

A little bit for these kind of logged in users, but not for the normal
website generation for the anonymous visitor

Regards Ard