[Hippo-cms7-user] A page driven design with Hippo

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Fri Jun 22 11:36:52 CEST 2012

The strength of Hippo has always been separation of content and
presentation. That is what the imo much more limited page driven
CMS'es are for. But a page driven CMS needs to separately maintain
their mobile, tabblet, website, facebook. REST, etc versions, that is
why imo they focus on the wrong part.

Now, trying to mimic a page driven cms by mis-using the template
composer (it is called a template composer, not a page composer) will
be like trying use free text search from a sql database: Thus, using
the tool in a way it was not designed for. Whenever you do that, you
will hit the boundaries very quickly, and then will end up with a non
performing crippled set up

Ard