[Hippo-cms7-user] Link for Ipad Magazine in downloaded demo not working

Arje Cahn a.cahn at onehippo.com
Tue Jun 26 10:55:59 CEST 2012

Hi Gerrit,

The main problem is that IPad magazine channel is really hard to demonstrate - every app basically has to go through the Apple app store procedure OR you need something like Testflight setup (but that's very techie). This is why the IPad magazine demo in GoGreen is a bit quirky and we haven't spent a lot of time polishing it. Even though technically, it's not very hard to achieve.

The simplest way to try it out is to download the "Pugpig Reader" app from the App store, and to point the OPDS URL inside the app to http://www.demo.onehippo.com/ipadmag/opds.xml
That "should just work", even though images are not mapped correctly (which is just a silly bug in the templates I guess, so we should at least get that fixed :) ).

Hope that helps!

On Jun 25, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Junaidh Sheriff wrote:

> Hi Arje,
>
> The below chain is 4 days old already - no body has replied.......
>
> Should I tell him this is strictly internal usage or should I explain the steps how he should get it running on his Ipad with testflight & pigpug?
>
> Regards,
> Junaid K

Regards,

Arjé Cahn